Heatshrink-Wrap Around/Zipper Tube
RWSM Zipper Tube is a Cross-Linked Polyolefin Heatshrink ‘Tube’ which is folded around the cable, zipped up with a stainless steel channel and then shrunk.
- Cable repair without cutting the cable
- Ideal for in situ field installation
- Jointing in tight areas
- Re-entering a joint with minimal disruption, unlike epoxy joint
- 100% waterproof and low water absorption
- Quick start up time, after completing joint
- Repair of unpressurised pipes
- Non meltable
- Resistant to decay, chemicals, corrosion
Installation recommendations are virtually the same as for SMDW. When applying heat, check that carbonisation or crazing does not occur and do not apply heat directly onto the stainless steel channel. When shrinkage has been completed, the stippled effect on the tube surface will not be noticeable since thermochroic paint has changed colour.